Friday, April 5, 2013

If Only by Michael Luckman

If only, if only, if only - the whine of the powerless! ~Michael Luckman in Luckman's Laws

Have you ever caught yourself saying "if only?" Was it to justify why something did not turn out for you as you wanted? As in, "the meal would have turned out better if only I had a new stove." Or, "I wouldn't be late with the report if only the other departments would get me their numbers on time." And how about, "I could be a lot more successful if only I had gone to a better college."

"If only" and its cousin "I could be" are excuses. Nothing more. When I hear them being spoken they sound like a whine. Oh, poor me, poor me, poor me, life would be so much better if only, if only, if only.  

If you're a movie fan you may remember this famous line by Marlin Brando, "I coulda been a contender!" in On the Waterfront. Yes, you could have if life worked out differently for you. But you threw the fight (cause) and now you're a bum (effects).  

People who consistently use these terms are proclaiming to anyone who will listen that they are powerless. Nothing more than a leaf blowing in the wind with no control over their life or their fate.

But is that really true? No, it isn't. In fact, you are powerful beyond measure. You are only powerless as long as you believe you are powerless. The moment you decide to change. The moment you decide to take control over your life. That is when all the power of the Universe is at your command.

Learn to ask your higher power, God or the Universe for exactly what you want. Be patient, and never lose faith that what you have asked for will indeed be coming to you. And the Universe will bring you what you have asked for, and shower you with more gifts than you could ever imagine.

With Love, 
Michael 
Purchase Michael's best selling book, Overpowering Fear - Defeating the #1 Challenge in Sales and Life:


To contact Michael:

Read More of Michael's Blogs at:  www.OverpoweringFear.com/blog.html

No comments:

Post a Comment