Saturday, June 4, 2011

Be Bold!!

Do you ever feel like God is giving you a message?  Everywhere you turn, it may seem like God is speaking to you.  Well, that is the way I feel today.  And the message that God is saying to me is "BE BOLD!" I wrote this phrase a few days ago on a note to myself.  Then I heard a televangelist say it yesterday on TV.  And when I read my Facebook account recently, there was a message from Joyce Meyer titled "You Can Become Bold and Fearless".

As Christians there is no one and nothing that we have to fear - we should feel free to live our lives BOLDLY!  We should feel confident to step out on faith and not let anything or anyone hold us back.  We don't need to worry.  God is always in control.

This belief is a true revelation for me.  In the past, I had always been a fearful person.  You know the type - afraid of my own shadow.  And although I have not truly overcome this flaw, I am glad to say that as I grow more in the Lord, the more fearless I become.

The other day I was speaking to someone who told me he was waiting to do something out of fear a person would break a promise that had been made to him if he spoke up.  I asked him why didn't he just step out on faith and stop being afraid because he was doing God's will and his intentions were good.  He still refused to take a bold stance.  I pray that this person realizes that God is more powerful than any man on this Earth He created. With full confidence and assurance, all Christians can speak fearlessly because of God's authority.



After having that conversation with that person, I started to reflect about how many times in my life I had been timid because I was afraid of some outcome.  What a waste of time!   God wants you to walk boldly in your life.  As Proverbs 28:1 proclaims, "The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion."  As long as your heart is pure, free of malice and deceit, and your strength comes from knowing Jesus as your personal savior, God will protect you.
Is there something going on in your life that you afraid to confront because of fear?  Well, God wants me to tell you to stop walking in fear - Be Bold - and He will protect you from whatever or whomever you fear.

Here are a few verses that may help:
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 (NIV)
"But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded." 2 Chronicles 15:7 (NIV)

"Because of my chains, most of the brothers in the Lord have been encouraged to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly." Philippians 1:14 (NIV)

"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death." Philippians 1:20 (NIV)

"Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold." 2 Corinthians 3:12 (NIV)

"Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness." Acts 4:13 (NIV)
 
"After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly." Acts 4:31 (NIV)


"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)
"By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see." Acts 3:16 (NIV)

"I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong." Romans 1:11 (NIV)

"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." 1 Corinthians 1:9




New Life Today
Looking to start a Bold New Life Today?  As someone who used to walk mostly in fear and is learning to walk boldly, I know that this transition will take some time.  The first step for making the change to Bold Living is to gain the knowledge that the Lord wants you to Be Bold!  Read verses such as the ones listed above to get this understanding.

Next, think of one area in your life that you have been timid in before, but want to be bold about.  Maybe there is a person in your family, at your school, or on your job that you are afraid to confront?  Or maybe you have wanted to start your own business, and out of fear of failure have procrastinated about becoming an entrepreneur?  Or maybe there is some goal that you have wanted to accomplish, but have been afraid to step out and do out of fear of being ridiculed or criticized?



The next step is to put what God has revealed for you to do into action. In the words of Nike, "Just Do It!" If God has put something in your heart to do, He will make provisions for you to accomplish it. Every time that I have been obedient to His will, I have been blessed. Take one bold step today and rely on the Lord to give you the strength and courage to go on.

Remember, if you look around you will see that the one characteristic that most successful people have in common is that they are Bold - they have gone against common wisdom and taken a risk on their dreams, vision and hopes.  As Christians, we should be even bolder than other folks - we are standing on the promises of God.

20For no matter how many promises God has made, 
they are “Yes” in Christ. 
And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. 
21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 
22 set his seal of ownership on us,
and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, 
guaranteeing what is to come.
2 Corinthians 1:20-22

No comments:

Post a Comment