Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Solution to Being Sick & Tired

by Michelle Lawson 

In the past I was the type of person who believed that I was responsible for my life.  I accepted Christ at the age of 7 and should have learned to lean on the Lord for all things. However, I went through life believing that as long as I tried my best to do the right thing and make the right decisions, I would have a good life.  But looking back, I now know that no matter how much I tried to do the right thing, I am a sinner and will always fall short of His grace.

I thank God for giving me the revelation through life's trials and tribulations - losing my job, an abusive marriage, an emotionally troubled child - that the only way I could be victorious was through Him.  God has taught me not to feel ashamed that I need His help, as well as the help of others, to survive. And I am blessed to say that today I live a victorious life.  I have a job, I left my abusive husband, and my child is so much better now.  This article is for those of you out there who feel like there is no way out of your depressed existence.

Have you ever woken up after tossing and turning in bed all night long and thought to yourself "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired?"  Don't feel depressed and defeated about your current situation.  No matter what you are going through, God is the answer.

Have you been unemployed for more than 6 months and it seems like you are never going to get another job?  Or are you in an abusive relationship and are afraid of leaving?  Or maybe you are an alcoholic, drug or food addict who feels overpowered by your addiction?  Whatever your current crisis, I am glad to tell you that I know the solution - God.  It is just that simple.  Only through God can we overcome our trials and tribulations.  No matter how much we try on our own to make positive life changes, the only way to be truly victorious is with God's help.  Don't feel ashamed or mad at yourself that you cannot overcome life's crisis without His help.God wants us to depend on Him.  In fact, that is what God intended.

Tired of being sick and tired?  Here are a few verses that may help you:
It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. Psalm 18:32

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. Psalm 105:4

I have told you these things, that in me you may have peace. In the world you have oppression; but cheer up! I have overcome the world. John 16:33



In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and don't lean on your own understanding. In all things acknowledge him, and he shall direct your way. Proverbs 3:9

Looking for other inspirational verses.  Click here for other Bible Verses for Encouragement.

New Life Today
How can you have a New Life Today when you are sick and tired of being sick and tired? It may not be easy, but  through God we can begin to start a new life of victory, rather than defeat. What God has told me to tell you is that the change begins with Prayer.  Praying is the one time when you speak directly to God, and He speaks to you.  

Looking for change in your life?  Stop reading this article right now, and Pray.  Pray for God's grace and mercy.  Pray that God gives you the strength you need to make a change.  Pray that God will give you guidance about what you need to do to change your life.  

Don't just stop with prayer, though.  You must take action after prayer before anything will happen.  In order for God to bless you, you have to give God something to work with.  Unemployed?  When was the last time you updated your resume or asked someone if they could help you find a job?  Or maybe you're unemployed because God has a purpose for your life that you have been refused to fulfill?  Are you being abused?  Even if you decide not to leave right now, you can take action - call a domestic violence hotline or seek out domestic violence counseling.  For those of you with an addiction to drugs or alcohol, consider calling a treatment center.  Addicted to food?  Why not take a 20 minute walk today or eat 1 -2 more servings of fruits or vegetables today.  

The journey of change starts with the first step.  In order to get a New Life Today, we must have faith in God and believe that God will bless us in our mess if we Pray, Receive His guidance and then take Positive Action. As Psalm 37:3-5 proclaims, "Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."





No comments:

Post a Comment