Friday, March 29, 2013

A Short Good Friday Prayer of Thanksgiving by Min. Michelle Goodwine

Thank You, Jesus, for paying the ultimate price for me, a wretched sinner. On this day, Good Friday, you experienced tremendous, undeserving pain and suffering.  Lord, thank you for caring enough about me to come down from heaven, be born to a virgin, live on this earth, and  then die a horrible death for me.  I can only imagine how brutal the beatings you endured that day were.  How humiliating it must have been for you to have been mocked and  heckled. It is so extremely difficult to comprehend how excruciatingly painful it must have been for you to  hang on the cross with nails  in your hands and feet. And even though, at any point and time you you could have decided to end your suffering, you didn't.  Thank You.  Words cannot even express the degree of gratitude that I have for you and the sacrifice that you made on the very first Good Friday for me.  If it were not for the price you paid for me with your blameless, sin-free, innocent blood, that has washed my sinful, guilty soul white as snow, I would not be able to have a New Life Today!!!  And for this, I say, "Thank You".

Source: http://www.sumcct.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment