Thursday, May 19, 2011

Faith Without Works Is Dead by Michelle Lawson


The verse that has been coming across my mind in the last few days is James 2:17 "In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."(NIV)  As I look at my life, and examine myself, I feel compelled by God to do more, to be more, to give more - not for myself, but as evidence of God's goodness.
I have a new found confidence that is coming from the realization of what being a Christian is all about.  It is not pride, or ego, but assurance of what God can do, and has already done in my life.

God does not want us Christians to live a downtrodden life on Earth. He wants us to have life more abundantly.  And although we often think that means having more money, what life has shown me is that an abundant life is one filled with love, joy, happiness, and a positive relationship with friends, family, and God.  I have learned that if I "... seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." (Matthew 6:33)

Some of us believe if we just pray long enough that eventually God will answer our prayers.  But what I have learned is that in order to get blessed, I have to do something.  For instance, I never got a job by just praying.  I had to get an education, write a resume, look for openings, send cover letters, tell people I was looking for work, and interview for the position.  And when it was all said and done, and I got hired, I knew the job was a blessing from God.

By starting this blog, finishing my website www.chellelawson.com, and working on some other projects, I am taking action to be blessed.  I want my works to show my faith.  It is great to say that you are a Christian and that you have faith in the Lord.  But each day I am now committed to take actions that show God and the world how great my faith in God is.  Stay tuned, because I have faith that God's blessings for my life for doing His will is going to be amazing.  God has already blessed my life beyond measure.  So I trust that His future blessings will be wonderful.

Want to have a New Life Today?
Today take a positive step that you would not otherwise have the courage to do if it were not for your faith in God.  I have learned that God blesses action - he blesses faith with works.  Be Bold!

As Psalm 27 says, "The Lord is my light and salvation.  Whom shall I fear?"  There is no reason to fear.  Pray for God's guidance.  And once God has spoken to you about what He knows you should do - in the words of Nike, "Just Do It!"  Step out on faith and don't look back.  We have nothing to fear.  As I tell my daughter, "God got this!"

No comments:

Post a Comment