Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Nothing's Too Hard For God by Michelle Lawson


Yesterday morning I noticed that someone I know very well was looking sad. I asked her what was wrong, and she did not reply.  I asked her again.  And she still would not reply.  Then I said to her, "Whatever you are going through, remember that nothing is too hard for God."

And as I said it aloud, I had an epiphany - a realization of how true that statement is.  We will all go through trials and tribulations.  Whether it is sickness, grief, lack of finances, marital problems, what should keep us going is that God is in control of this world.  Through God, as Mark 10:27 proclaims, all things are possible.

When I look back over my life, I am amazed at how I made it through some really tough times.  But I know the answer is through God's grace and mercy.  Even during the times when I had lost my faith in God, He still watched over me and protected me.  And during those times in my life when I was so mad with God and myself that I just could not bring myself to pray, I know that my mother, grandmother, and others had me in their prayers.

When we look over our lives and remember all the times when God made a way out of no way, we all realize that Nothing, and I mean Nothing, is too hard for God! Don't get flustered by your current situation.  Remember that no matter what is happening around you,  God is in control. If we have faith, pray, believe that God  is able and willing to help you, and you step out on faith and take action toward a solution,Maybe it a time when you were unemployed, or when you were in an abusive relationship and you just couldn't see a way out, or maybe it was a time when your body was sick and you didn't have insurance to get the medical attention you needed?  Well, let me tell you, all three of those situations happened to me.  And I am so glad to say that thanks to God, I made it through.

So how do we know that nothing is too hard for God?  Because The Word says so.  If you are going through some trials and tribulations right now, the following are a few verses that might bring you comfort:

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. (NIV)

1 Peter 1:6-7
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. (NIV)

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. (NIV)
 
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (KJV) 

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (NIV)

James 1:2-4
Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. (NASB)
 
A website that might help you is http://nothingstoohardforgod.org

New Life Today
What can you do to have a new life today?  Just take 5 minutes out of your day and think of a time in your past when you just didn't know how you were going to make it, but you did. Remember that God created the heavens and the earth.  So whatever problem we have, no matter big it seems for us, it is not too hard for God.Use those past experiences to give you hope for a current challenge.  And as Romans 15:13 says, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment