Monday, February 27, 2012

Gonna Make A Change by Edwin Tillis

Editor's Note: The following essay was recently written by a Christian who is graduating from a residential drug residential treatment program based on the 12-step process.  It is hoped that this essay will inspire and motivate others looking to overcome an addiction to drugs and alcohol.
I write this for myself, as well as my loved ones, who have been subjected to my using, and have loved me enough to suffer along with me for years until GOD has relieved me of the obsession to use drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes.
Not too long ago I heard a man say that his drug of choice was not worth the ink to even write to and I totally agree with him. So I write this to you LORD, to my family, love ones and to myself.

For more years than I care to remember, my drug use and the lifestyle that goes along with it, has taken so many things away from me that are irreplaceable. When I speak of these things it is not the tangible items, such as cars, money, clothes, or household goods. No, I speak of wasted time, energy, relationships gone bad, and repossessed Blessings that were from GOD!

Today, with GOD’S Direction, Grace, Mercy, and Second chance’s, He has brought me from destruction to reconstruction. Today He is revealing His purpose for my life. And for this I praise you FATHER.

The things that were lost - tangible and non-tangible, I have faith that The GOD that I serve today shall replace and restore them in HIS time and according to his purpose!

Today I realize that I am not cured and all I have is a daily reprieve contingent on the daily maintenance of my spiritual condition and conditioning. Every day is a day that I must carry the vision of GOD’S will into all my activities and interactions with others.
The choices that we make in life determine our destiny. So today I choose hope instead of dope. And life instead of death. I choose relationships instead of isolation. And I choose to live life on life’s terms.







1 Corinthians 10:13

No comments:

Post a Comment